Building New Routines Through Teacher Reflection: Part 1 Classroom Feel


      Today I'm dreaming of my future ESL classroom, and I hope you are too!!! My hopes are to use this blog to inspire my teaching philosophy for my future me.
      During my early childhood literacy class, we focused on meta-cognitive analysis while deconstructing strategies used in the classroom. I kept thinking to myself, "aren't these all very simple strategies that everybody uses on the daily?", however sadly, some people probably not (that's why I can help to serve as a guide in helping to construct a limitless, boundless group of ESL networking and feedback). As for deconstructing knowledge...the beauty of deconstructing teaching strategies are that you are able to assess the theories/ research that create the framework for the very things we should be using in the classroom daily. For instance, at the very root of a simple read aloud exercise geared towards primary level learners, so many strategies are interacting and supporting each other to produce comprehensible input thus translating into master of new skills. Whoever assumes that teaching is for untalented folks are sadly mistaken...for teaching is one of the best arts there could ever be and will out live other art forms as teaching is truly the "noblest of all professions."

Comments

Popular Posts